Charges Dropped Against Dorchester Shooting Suspect

Gavel web 3

(Rumble Press/Flickr)

BOSTON (WBZ-AM) — Suffolk County prosecutors withdrew murder charges Friday against a suspect accused of gunning down a 67-year-old man on Washington Street in Dorchester last month.

Officials said the decision to withdraw the charges against Kevin Williams, 21, was based on a review of the evidence gathered and analyzed since the night Jose Williams was killed.

Prosecutors said Williams’ arrest was supported by a witness at the scene and video footage. But, after an additional week-long investigation, it was decided the evidence was not sufficient to establish guilt or innocence.

Jose Williams was killed on Oct. 6 around 11:30 p.m.

title

Content Goes Here