Exploding Squirrel In Saugus Causes Power Outage

Grey Squirrel By Charles J Sharp / Wikimedia

by Nancy Shack, WBZ NewsRadio1030

Saugus, Mass (WBZ NewsRadio) — An exploding squirrel blew out the power in part of Saugus Tuesday morning.

Town fire officials say a homeowner on Biscayne Avenue watched the critter bite into wires on the power pole outside their home causing a boom and a power outage - and no more squirrel.

On an audio recording of the dispatch call, a member of the Fire Department can be heard saying “The squirrel blew up, and that’s when the power went out “The squirrel blew up, and that’s when the power went out.” Saugus Firefighters Local 1003 posted the incident on Facebook including audio of the call.

First responders checked out the situation and indeed found a fried rodent at the bottom of the pole in question. No other injuries were reported.

National Grid was able to restore power to the neighborhood.

 

title

Content Goes Here