3 Suspects Killed In Standoff At Manchester, NH Hotel

MANCHESTER, N.H. (WBZ NewsRadio) — Three people were killed in a 15-hour standoff with police at a Manchester hotel.

The three have been identified as 51-year-old Stephen Marshall of Manchester, 27-year-old Christian St. Cyr and 21-year-old Brandie Tarantino.

An autopsy to determine how St. Cyr and Tarantino died is scheduled for Friday, authorities say

The standoff happened in a busy area not far from I-293 that includes a shopping mall.

It began Wednesday around 7:30 p.m., when a Manchester Police officer and DEA agents went to the at the Airport Quality Inn on John E. Devine Drive looking Marshall and another man. It wasn't yet clear what Marshall and the second man were wanted for.

As officers and agents approached the room where they were staying, Marshall jumped out a back window and engaged them.

"Mr. Marshall had a silver semiautomatic handgun in his hand," New Hampshire Attorney General Gordon MacDonald said. "An officer from the Manchester Police Department and an agent from the DEA both discharged their weapons."

Marshall was taken to Elliot Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

An autopsy revealed that Marshall’s death homicide from multiple gunshot wounds to the trunk and extremities.

"As used by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, homicide is defined as the killing of one person by another," authorities said in a statement.

Meanwhile, St. Cyr, whom police also sought. barricaded himself in a hotel room with Tarantino

Police spent the next 14 hours trying to get them out, while they fired out of the room at officers. SWAT teams were called in, with Nashua's SWAT team rotating in to relieve Manchester's team due to the length of the standoff.

"Over the course of more than 12 hours, Manchester Police officers attempted to speak with these individuals and seek a peaceful resolution," MacDonald said. "Over the course of nine hours, at least one individual from the first floor room fired multiple gunshots out of the room."

A little after 10 a.m. Thursday, police were able to enter the room, and found the two barricaded suspects dead inside. Their names are being withheld until their next of kin can be notified of their deaths.

Manchester Police said no officers were hurt in the shooting or the standoff, and that part of the shooting was captured on video.

"Manchester police officers were, for lack of a better term, they were attacked," said Manchester Police Chief Carlo Campano. "It's something that we're not gonna tolerate. We've been working very diligently over the past several hours to bring this to a safe and successful resolution."

As the event unfolded, police evacuated the hotel, and all guests at the hotel got out safely.

"It's slightly traumetizing," said one person who was present at the hotel. "It's nothing that I've experienced before, or any of my other coworkers that are with me."

Chief Campano praised law enforcement who worked to end the standoff.

"These officers have been doing an incredible job, and I can't be more proud of them as a chief of police here," Campano said. "This type of behavior we cannot and we will not tolerate, when we have officers that are being shot at."

Anyone with information about the incident, or about Marshall's whereabouts leading up to it, is asked to contact Sgt. Matt Amatucci of the Major Crimes unit at 603-419-8291.

"The crime scene at the Quality Inn is complex, and it is expected to take several days to complete processing," MacDonald said.

WBZ NewsRadio's Shari Small (@ShariSmallNews) reports

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content