BOSTON (WBZ NewsRadio) — 109 employees across the Beth Israel Lahey Health System in Massachusetts had tested positive for coronavirus by Friday.
BILH's daily report says out of the 109 employees;
- 40 are from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- 33 are from Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
- 9 are from Beverly Hospital
- 9 are from BILH Primary Care
- 7 are from Winchester Hospital
- 5 are from BID-Milton
- 4 are from Mount Auburn Hospital
- 1 is from New England Baptist Hospital
- 1 is from BILH-Continuing Care.
According to a BILH spokesperson, not all of those employees have "patient-facing roles."
With 40 employee cases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center has the highest number of infected employee across the BILH System. It also has the highest number of patient cases; 41 positive tests and 78 pending tests, and it has the highest number of COVID-patients in the ICU (24.)
On Friday, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health announced an additional 823 coronavirus cases and 10 new deaths throughout the state, bringing the total number of cases to 3,240 and the total number of deaths to 35.