OXFORD, Mass. (AP) - Fire officials say a malfunctioning wood stove caused a blaze that killed a 93-year-old woman in her Massachusetts home last month.The state Fire Marshal's office on Thursday released the cause of the Dec. 14 fire in Oxford that killed Josephine Mulvey
First responders were called to the home at around 7:45 p.m. Efforts to contain the blaze were complicated by a lack of fire hydrants in the rural area. Firefighters had to use a tanker truck to bring water to the home.
Mulvey's death was not the only wood stove-related loss in the state last year. A Warwick woman and four of her five children died in a wood stove fire last March.
(© Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)