Fire Tears Through Newton Home

NEWTON (24/7 NewsSource)  --  A Newton family is without a home after a weekend fire.

Officials say heavy smoke and flames were pouring out of a Derby Street house on Saturday morning.

A resident says his mother was smoking a cigarette, and accidentally dropped it underneath the couch.

That apparently sparked a fire, and efforts to snuff out the flames only spread the inferno faster.

Everyone escaped the building safely, but the house is a total loss.

(© Copyright 2018 TTWN Media Networks LLC. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado