BU Grad Student Injured In Hazmat Situation

BOSTON (AP) — A college student has been hospitalized for exposure to spilled chemicals at a university lab.

The Boston Fire Department says the Boston University graduate student spilled an unknown chemical at the Life Science and Engineering building shortly after noon.

The male student received a contact injury after mixing two chemicals in the lab. He is described by fire officials to have irritated skin, and is conscious. The building is deemed to be safe and has been decontaminated.

(© Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

PHOTO: Getty Images

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content