Bill Belichick. (Adam Glanzman/Getty Images)
BOSTON (WBZ-AM) -- Patriots training camp starts tomorrow, and Bill Belichick met with the media today.
The head coach was asked about:
- Julian Edelman's four-game suspension: "We're all disappointed, but it is what it is. He's moved on, we've moved on, we'll take what he have now and do the best we can with it."
- Rob Gronkowski's desire for a new contract: "We don't talk about contracts."
- Gronkowski and Tom Brady skipping voluntary OTAs: "Right now we're getting ready for the start of Training Camp, so everything that happened last year in the spring and all that, I'm not focused on any of that, I'm focused on what we need to do in Training Camp."
- Malcolm Butler's Super Bowl benching: "Last year is last year, I'm not focused on last year."
- Whether fans have a right to know, and if he has to address it with his players: "It's important for me to have a good season in 2018, I'm going to do anything I can to do that, do the best for our football team. Hopefully you can respect that, but maybe not."
- If he actually texted Jimmy Garoppolo after his Niners wins: "Those are things that happened months ago, and honestly I'm not too focused on October, November, December of 2017."
- Whether Malcolm Mitchell's on the trade block: "Yeah, I'm not really gonna engage in any media speculation. I certainly haven't talked to any media person about Malcolm Mitchell."
Football season is here.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030's Adam Kaufman (@AdamMKaufman) reports