Fire In A Boston University Dorm Room Was Caused By A Candle

BOSTON (AP) — A fire in a Boston University dormitory on move-in weekend that forced the evacuation of about 40 students was caused by a candle.

The Boston Herald reports Monday the Boston Fire Department identified the cause.

Boston fire officials say the fire broke out at about 10 p.m. Saturday and was contained to one room on the third floor of the building on Commonwealth Avenue.

The fire set off the building's sprinkler system and led to water and smoke damage on the first three floors.

Fire officials say one student was treated for a minor burn to her leg.

It's not clear when students will be allowed to return to their rooms.

The school says it's putting displaced students in a Cambridge hotel.

The building was half occupied at the time.

(© Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content