Woman Seriously Injured After Mistaking Dynamite For Candle

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (24/7 NewsSource) -- A Bridgeport woman is seriously injured after a quarter stick of dynamite exploded in her hands.

Police say the woman thought she was lighting a candle, but instead ignited the powerful explosive last night. The woman reportedly lost several fingers in the explosion, which happened inside a home on Lindley Street. The woman's children were present, and one of them called 911.

(© Copyright 2018 TTWN Media Networks LLC. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

title

Content Goes Here