#DunkinDonuts workers Madeline Sanchez & Ashley Montalvo are being hailed #heroes for helping to #savethelife of a woman who had OD'd in the bathroom of the #Attleboro store. She was found face down, purple, with a hypodermic needle in her hand. pic.twitter.com/bLyKWn4Ugb— Kim Tunnicliffe (@KimWBZ) September 11, 2018
BOSTON, MA (WBZ-AM) -- They're being called Dunkin Angels.
Several Dunkin Donuts workers and an unidentified customer are being credited with helping safe the life of a woman who had an overdosed on heroin inside the Attleboro Store.
Ashley Montavalo, 24, who works in the store tells WBZ NewsRadio1030 that the woman was barely alive when she found her in the ladies room.
"I felt a slight pulse, but that's it," Montavalo said.
Montalvo found the woman, face down, on the floor of the ladies room. She was purple, not breathing and had a hypodermic needle in her hand. Montalvo started pumping the victim's chest, while a customer performed mouth to mouth.
Rescue crews arrived and administered Narcan, but nothing seemed to help...
"Even the Narcan - she wasn't responding to it," she said.
The woman survived after being rushed to the hospital. Her brother is crediting the Dunkin Donuts workers with helping to save his sister's life. Ashley has a message for the victim...
Montalvo sound- "I'm glad that she's alive and maybe she'll get the help she needs to kick the habit," she said.
WBZ NewsRadio1030's Kim Tunnicliffe reports