Fire crews deal with the aftermath of the Merrimack Valley gas explosions Friday. (Methuen Police)
BOSTON, MA (WBZ-AM) -- WBZ NewsRadio1030 has complied a list of resources for residents in the Merrimack Valley who have been displaced by the gas explosions and fires in the communities of Lawrence, Andover, and North Andover Thursday.
The following site below will have the latest info from Government Officials on whether or not your street has been cleared and shelter locations.
Official State and Local Government Agencies
Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
Official Local Government Agencies
Town of North Andover
- If you return home, do not turn the gas back on if it has been shut off. Call Columbia Gas at 1-800-688-6160 to turn your gas back on. Do not enter your home unless you are accompanied by a gas company.
- Do not return home even if on the cleared list if you smell gas at your residence. Evacuate to a safe area and call 911 immediately.
The Red Cross has established shelters at the following locations. They will accommodate pets. For more information, call 774-204-5071.
- Arlington School, 150 Arlington Street, Lawrence
- Parthum School, 255 Haverhill Street, Lawrence
- North Andover High School, 430 Osgood Street, North Andover
- Cormier Youth Center, 40 Whittier Court, Andover