Crews work to restore natural gas service in Woburn Tuesday. (Kim Tunnicliffe/WBZ NewsRadio 1030)
WOBURN (WBZ-AM) -- Gas customers on Lowell Street in Woburn are frustrated.
They told WBZ NewsRadio 1030's Kim Tunnicliffe they're frustrated they can't cook, shower, or turn on their heat after a National Grid technician mistakenly over-pressurized a main gas line on Monday. The incident affected some 300 homes.
Earlier Tuesday, National Grid spokesperson said crews will likely begin the process of restoring service tonight, and all those affected were expected to have gas service back by Thursday.
Crew Working In Woburn Hits Gas Line
One resident named Patty said she can't seem to get a straight answer about when she'll get her gas service back.
"I've had so many different National Grid employees through my house, and I feel like each individual gives me a different idea of what the timing is going to be," she said. "It would be nice if we had one cohesive message. If it's Thursday, it looks like I'm going to be showering at my office."
Louis Neves said he was unhappy with National Grid, and said he'd feel much better if the company let locked out workers back on the job.
"Disappointed and scared, because they're dealing with a lot of homes, a lot of families, and they have professionals on the street corners picketing," he said. "They should let them in. They have offered to help while their contract is being negotiated."
He said his family was running out of leftovers, and would probably have to go out to dinner.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030's Kim Tunnicliffe (@KimWBZ) reports