Credit: Rich Schofield Jr./Facebook
DERRY, NH (WBZ-AM) — Watts Auto Salvage and Body Shop in Derry NH is a total loss after a fire Friday afternoon.
James Richardson, Battalion Chief with the Derry, NH Fire Department says say the fire, which started around 1:00 PM, says the fire was caused by mechanics welding inside the building near gasoline.
The structure is mostly wooden -- now a total loss.
No one is hurt, but multiple cars are destroyed.
A car on a lift looks like a spider in a web, the roof above it burned out, the walls blacked slats. Other cars in the lot with blown out windows, tires melted and charred. The fire melted siding off the building across the street.