Salem Hazmat Situation Sends 5 To The Hospital

SALEM, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — A carbon monoxide incident in Salem Wednesday morning sent five people to the hospital.

The incident happened at 35 Congress Street, on the fourth floor of that building. The floor was evacuated.

WBZ-TV reports that five people were taken to the hospital, with two of them in critical condition. Those two patients will reportedly be treated in a hyperbaric chamber at Massachusetts General Hospital.

The entire building was evacuated as crews work to test the air quality.

(Photo: Getty Images)

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | iHeartmedia App

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content