FITCHBURG, Mass. (AP) — Two men have been killed in an early morning Massachusetts house fire that officials say may have been caused by an overloaded power strip.
The fire in Fitchburg was reported at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday.
Officials say firefighters found one man on the first floor and the other on the second floor. Both were pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Their names have not been released.
A spokeswoman for the state fire marshal's office says an overloaded power strip is the initial focus of the investigation and it appears the home had no smoke alarms.
(© Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
(Photo: Getty Images)