One Child Injured, Eight Displaced After Candle Causes Charlestown Fire


(Getty Images)

BOSTON (WBZ NewsRadio) — Three people are being treated at a local hospital following a fire at an apartment complex in Charlestown early Sunday morning.

Fire officials said the blaze broke out around 1:30 a.m. at 45 Tufts Street when a candle was accidentally knocked over in a second floor apartment.

Boston Fire Department tweeted that fire crews were able to contain the fire to four rooms inside one apartment.

Eight residents were displaced, while two adults and one child were taken to hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

The damage is estimated at around $500,000.

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | iHeartmedia App


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content