BOSTON (WBZ NewsRadio) — CVS Health is setting up ten new coronavirus drive-thru testing sites across Massachusetts. They will open on Friday, May 15.
The sites will be at various CVS pharmacies in the state. The company plans on opening 1,000 test sites across the country by the end of May in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19. The goal is to process up to 1.5 million tests per month.
Anyone who meets Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria and age guidelines can get the self-swab tests, but patients must pre-register at CVS.com beginning Friday. "Patients will be required to stay in their cars and directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions," the company said in a statement. "A CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self swab process to ensure it is done properly." Those tests will then be sent a third-party lab, and the results take about three days.
“By working with a wide range of partners like CVS and our colleagues in the health care community, Massachusetts has significantly increased COVID-19 testing and is a national leader in per-capita testing,” Governor Charlie Baker said. “We are grateful to CVS for their partnership on this major additional testing expansion at a number of sites across the Commonwealth, especially because we recognize the importance of continued and accessible testing as we move toward a responsible, phased reopening of our economy.”
Here's where you can find the 10 new drive-thru testing sites:
· CVS Pharmacy, 142 Worcester Road, Charlton, MA 01507
· CVS Pharmacy, 44 West Boylston Street, Worcester, MA 01608
· CVS Pharmacy, 266 Route 44, Raynham, MA 02767
· CVS Pharmacy, 366 King Street, Northhampton, MA 01060
· CVS Pharmacy, 9-19 Summer Street, Bridgewater, MA 02324
· CVS Pharmacy, 100D North Main Street, Carver, MA 02330
· CVS Pharmacy, 928 Riverdale Street, West Springfield, MA 01089
· CVS Pharmacy, 311 Newbury Street, Danvers, MA 01923
· CVS Pharmacy, 599 State Road, Westport, MA 02790
· CVS Pharmacy, 188 Linden Street, Wellesley, MA 02482
(Photo: Getty Images)