TYNGSBOROUGH, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — Two women were found dead in Tyngsborough on Saturday, and officials pointed to carbon monoxide poisoning as the likely cause.
The call first came in at 10:45 AM on Saturday, when Tyngsborough Police and Fire, along with State Troopers responded to a report of two unresponsive women in a home on Mascuppic Trail.
First responders found two women already dead inside the home when they arrived, later identifying them as 91-year-old Doris Gariepy, of Tyngsborough, and her caretaker 38-year-old Tonya McKinney, of St. Catherine Parish, Jamaica.
Tyngsboro firefighters detected dangerously-high levels of carbon monoxide as they got into the house.
Neighbors described a frenzied scene as officials tried to figure out what happened.
"I woke up... and it was chaos. National grid, fire trucks, ambulance. It was just crazy, I didn't know what was going on," said one woman, who lives across the street from the house.
Officials are still trying to find the source of the carbon monoxide.
Reported by WBZ's Kendall Buhl.
Written by Chaiel Schaffel.