West Newbury Gas Leak Causes Home Evacuations, Classroom Shelter-in-Place

Photo: Getty Images

WEST NEWBURY (WBZ NewsRadio) — Homes were evacuated and students at Pentucket Regional High School were confined to their classrooms for a short after a gas leak on Wednesday.

West Newbury Fire responded to the leak at about 8:50 a.m. Officials say the contractor working on the school's new athletic fields accidentally tore into a gas line. Students were told to stay in their classrooms as homes near the gas leak on Main Street were evacuated.

Gas was shut off to the line and residents were able to get back to their home sat about 9:15 a.m. National Grid also came to inspect the scene.

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | iHeartmedia App

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content