Revere Beach's Bagel Bin Deli Burns Down

REVERE, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — A popular restaurant near Revere Beach is a total loss after flames tore through it shortly before midnight.

Heavy smoke could be seen rising from the roof of the Bagel Bin Deli on Shirley Avenue, but by the time the first ladder from Revere Fire arrived, Revere Deputy Fire Chief Paul Cheever said flames were raging.

"We went to four alarms, so we had Boston here, we had Somerville, we had Cambridge, Chelsea, Everett, Winthrop," Cheever told WBZ NewsRadio's Chris Fama.

Officials said nothing seemed suspicious about the blaze, which left the restaurant a total loss.

Owners George and Ella Vlladesi and their daughter Catherine ran the decades-old diner.

"It's not just a restaurant," Catherine said. "We didn't run it like a business, we ran it like a family ... we are so blessed by the love and support, but it just shows how great my parents are. Their customers feel like they are family."

Customers were distraught, and many were at the scene in the Vlladesis' time of need.

"I've been going there for thirty years," one man said. "We all go to the same table every morning, and it's all over."

The family posted a story about the fire on their Facebook page Tuesday with the words "We will rebuild."

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | iHeartmedia App

WBZ NewsRadio's Chris Fama (@CFamaWBZ) reports

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content