BOSTON (WBZ NewsRadio) — The 2020 Boston Pops Orchestra has announced show dates and celebrity performances for their spring season—and there schedule includes guest appearances from Sting, Penn & Teller, and more.
The Pops will also celebrate the music of Star Wars and the films of Tim Burton.
Keith Lockhart is celebrating his 25th year as a conductor. He told WBZ NewsRadio Boston Pops has evolved over the years since his first season in 1995.
"[I have learned] to always keep changing so that we can reflect the present and look to the future," Lockhart said. "There's no doubt that the internet age has given a whole new set of challenges to live performing organizations."
Despite the challenges, Lockhart says he believes live music in general will survive, that he has "staked my entire life on trying to convince people that there is something great about that."
"The goal is to get you to come out of your cocoon, join your fellow humans, and experience art being made," Lockhart said.
Here are some performances set for this season at POPS with Lockhart as the conductor:
- An Evening with Penn & Teller May 6 and 7
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back May 13, May 14, May 16, May 23
- Celebrating 25 Years with Keith! June 2, June 3, June 4
- Film Night: Danny Elfman’s Music from the Films of Tim Burton June 5, June 6
- An Evening with Amanda Palmer, Neil Gaiman & the Boston Pops June 11, June 12
You can view the spring season schedule here.
WBZ NewsRadio's Jeff Brown (@jeffbrownwbz) reports