Fire Devastates Historic New Hampshire Castle

Photo: Gilford Firefighters Local 3517/Facebook

GILFORD, N.H. (WBZ NewsRadio) — A long-standing notable landmark in Gilford, New Hampshire, was ravaged by a large fire on Wednesday morning, making it a total loss that will have to be torn down.

Authorities reportedly received a call on Wednesday morning around 3 A.M. regarding a bush fire.

Dustin Parent, Gilford Deputy Police Chief, said once firefighters arrived, they realized it was the castle that was in flames.

The castle has stood since the late 1980s, and was a landmark on the National Register of Historic Places. It was constructed by Benjamin Ames Kimball and had been unoccupied for some time.

No one was injured, and authorities are still searching for the cause of the fire.

“There was no power going to the (castle) and they don’t know why it happened,” said Parent.

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Bluesky | Instagram | iHeartRadio App | TikTok


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content