Fire That Killed Fitchburg Brothers Blamed On Overloaded Power Strip


FITCHBURG, Mass. (AP) — Investigators say a house fire in Massachusetts that took the lives of two brothers last weekend was caused by an overloaded power strip.

The state fire marshal's office on Tuesday publicly identified the victims of the fire in Fitchburg at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday as 61-year-old Gregory Wilson and 50-year-old Franklin Wilson III.

The fire started in a first-floor bedroom of the two-family home.

A space heater, a cellphone, a lamp, a television, and a computer monitor and processor were among the items plugged into the power strip.

It cannot be determined which, if any, of the appliances caused the overload.

© Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | iHeartmedia App


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content