LAWRENCE, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — A three-family home in Lawrence collapsed in three-alarm fire Wednesday morning.
The fire began around 9:45 a.m. on Haverhill Street.
The home was destroyed just days after the homeowner purchased the property.
"My grandfather just old the house like two days ago," 27-year-old resident Andrews, who grew up in the house, said.
Andres was at work at the time, but said his grandfather believes the fire was a result of a construction accident.
"The new owner hired people to do some type of construction on the third floor," Andres said. "They were cutting metals, and when they were cutting metals, it was making some [sparks]."