LYNN, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — A 34-year-old Lynn man has been indicted in connection to a string of eleven armed robberies across six different Massachusetts communities.
The Middlesex District Attorney's office said Ramfis Casado was responsible for robberies in Malden, Everett, Melrose, Woburn, Waltham, and Arlington from November 12 to December 9 of last year.
Police chased him from the scene of the last robbery in a Blue BMW sedan on December 9, but he got away.
After that robbery, police were able to track Casado to a home where he had been renting a room. He was ordered held without bail on December 11.
As police investigated, they linked him to several other robberies:
- November 12: The 7-Eleven on Salem Street in Malden
- November 15: Arlington Convenience on Massachusetts Avenue in Arlington
- November 20: The 7-Eleven on Ferry Street in Everett
- November 21: Highland Smoke Shop on Highland Avenue in Malden
- November 23: Bob's Market on West Wyoming Avenue in Melrose
- November 25: The 7-Eleven on Main Street in Everett
- November 27: Minit Mart on Main Street in Woburn
- December 2: A1 Market on Moody Street in Waltham
- December 2: Roxy's United Convenience Store on Moody Street in Waltham
- December 5: West Wyoming Market on West Wyoming Avenue in Melrose
- December 9: In & Out Convenience Store on Lebanon Street in Malden
Police tracked him to the robbery locations using cell phone data, and matched clothing found in his room to that seen in surveillance video. They also found the Blue BMW, which had been reported as stolen, in a Boston parking garage.
In total, Casado faces ten counts of armed and masked robbery; ten counts of assault with a dangerous weapon; two counts of assault and battery; unarmed robbery; negligent operation of a vehicle; failing to stop at a motor vehicle at a police stop, and driving with a suspended license.
He's set to be arraigned in Middlesex Superior Court in Woburn Friday.
(Photo: Getty Images)