Marblehead Elementary School Evacuated After CO Leak


MARBLEHEAD, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — A carbon monoxide leak forced Coffin Elementary School in Marblehead to be evacuated Friday.

The Marblehead Fire Department responded to the school on Turner Road around 7:45 a.m., finding high readings of carbon monoxide.

The leak was due to a boiler malfunction. One student was in the building at the time.

Nobody was seriously hurt, but two maintenance workers were sent to the hospital as a precaution.

School was cancelled for the day. Those students who started showing up were bused to another nearby school, and parents were called to pick them up.

WBZ NewsRadio's Karyn Regal (@Karynregal) reports

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | iHeartmedia App


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content