Medford Baby Bitten By Snake In Kitchen

MEDFORD, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — Over the course of her 26 years in Australia, a country known for its dangerous wildlife, Jenna Lees-Rolfe never had a snake enter her home. Now raising a family in Massachusetts, the Medford mother endured a scare Saturday when her 9-month-old baby was bitten in the kitchen.

“I saw a five foot long snake right there next to him and I screamed,” Lees-Rolfe told WBZ-TV. “Terrified, I didn’t know if it was poisonous or not so the last thing you want near your child is a snake,” said Lees-Rolfe.

Baby James, after being bitten by a snake in his Medford home. (WBZ-TV)

Lees-Rolfe says she was making breakfast when the snake slithered out from underneath the refrigerator, biting her son James.

Animal control informed the family it was a milk snake that most likely entered the home through the garage. A family-friend who is a doctor checked out baby James and confirmed the bite was not poisonous.

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook|Twitter|Instagram|iHeartmedia App

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content