MANCHESTER, Conn. (WBZ NewsRadio) — The Royal Ice Cream Company, Inc. based in Manchester, Connecticut, has recalled more products made in their facility following a discovery of Listeria on processing equipment.
Listeria monocytogenes, is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
All effected products will have the manufacturing plant number “CT121” or “CT#121."
According to the United States Food & Drug Administration, recalled products include:
- Batch brand pints, all flavors
- Royal Ice Cream Brand half Gallons, pints, cakes, all specialties.
- Ronny Brook Ice cream all flavor pints & 3 gallon tubs
- New Orleans Ice cream all flavor pints & 2.5-gallon tubs
- Maple Valley Ice Cream all flavor pints
- Art Cream all pint Flavors
- Sweet Scoops Yogurt all pint Flavors
- Gelato Fiasco all pint Flavors
- Biggy Iggy’s Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Munson Chip Wich Ice Cream sandwiches
- Giffords Ice cream Sandwiches all flavors
- Chewy Louie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Snow Wich Ice Cream Sandwich
- Newport Creamery – Crazy Vanilla, Van & Choc , Vanilla & Coffee HG – only
- Dough Wich- Conn. 4 oz Cookie Dough sandwich -in flavors of , Vanilla, Chocolate and French Vanilla
- Doris Italian Markets- Florida- Spumoni wedge, Spumoni Half Gallon, Tartufo, Cannoli, Spumoni pie Slices.
The recall is for all product that is within expiry, health officials said.
The FDA said the effected ice cream was distributed in retail stores in Massachusetts, CT, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York, Louisiana, Florida, Texas, and New Hampshire. Products are packaged in pints, half gallons, sandwiches, portion control slices, and there have been no illness reported to date, officials said.
Officials said consumers who have purchased any of the effected products are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund, and that consumers with questions may contact the company at 860-649-5358.
Previously, only Batch Ice Cream sold at Market Basket, Big Y and Roche Bros. stores were part of the recall, but the expansion has added retailers in New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York, Louisiana, Florida and Texas to the list of potentially affected areas.