NH Man Watches House Burn On His Phone During The Super Bowl

(Mikey Todesca Fire Relief Fund/GoFundMe)

by Nancy Shack, WBZ NewsRadio1030

HAMPSTEAD, NH (WBZ NewsRadio) — A New Hampshire man spent Super Bowl Sunday watching his house burn down on his cellphone instead of watching the big game. Michael Todesca of Hampstead was in Chicago when he started receiving alerts from his home surveillance system on his cell phone during the fourth quarter of the Pats Rams face off. According to Todesca, he watched in horror as firefighters broke down his door to get to the basement fire, which quickly spread throughout the house.

Officials say the electrical fire was fueled by heating pellets and caused catastrophic structural damage entire home which will likely have to be torn down. .When Todesca got home from Chicago,he found all he had left was what he had in his suitcase. Luckily his dog Rome was not at home the night of the fire either. For that, Todesca is extremely grateful.

A GoFundMe page has been set up by his friends to help him re-build.

Michael Todescas House Fire on Super Bowl Sunday, video courtesy of Mike Winter/YouTube

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content