(Credit: Getty Images)
BOSTON (WBZ NewsRadio) — Prosecutors have dropped the sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey.
In court filings Wednesday, prosecutors said they are dropping the case due to the "unavailability of the complaining witness."
The man accusing Spacey of groping him at the Club Car Restaurant on Nantucket in 2016 pleaded the fifth at a hearing earlier this month when he was called to the stand.
In a release, the Cape & Islands District Attorney's office said that man and his family were told that the case could not go forward if continued to invoke his Fifth Amendment rights.
"After a further period of reflection privately with his lawyer, the complaining witness elected not to waive his right under the Fifth Amendment," the release read.