Quincy High Removes Students Who Made "Pro-Rape" Comments


QUINCY, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — Quincy High School has removed several male students who allegedly made comments praising sexual assault.

School officials said the conversation took place on social media, and was targeted at another student.

In a letter to school parents on Sunday, Quincy Superintendent Kevin Mulvey said the "pro-rape" speech was "offensive and dangerous behavior." Mulvey said that there was "Clearly...work to be done within the school community to combat the minimization and glorification of sexual assault." Mulvey said he learned of the comments on Friday, March 19.

A petition was started after Mulvey sent out the letter, demanding that the boys be held accountable. It has received around 1,500 signatures so far.

Mulvey said a sexual assault awareness campaign has been started at both Quincy High Schools, partnering up with DOVE, Inc. and Walker Therapeutic and Educational Programs. He did not specify the exact discipline the students were receiving.

WBZ's Mike Macklin (@mikemacklinwbz) has more:

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | iHeartmedia App

(Photo: Getty Images)


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content