Saugus Hotel Evacuated Due To Carbon Monoxide Incident

Saugus Holiday Inn Express Evacuation

(WBZ Traffic)

SAUGUS, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — A Holiday Inn Express at 999 Broadway in Saugus was evacuated Sunday morning due to a carbon monoxide incident, according to authorities.

According to the Saugus Fire Department, a malfunctioning piece of equipment in the hotel's heating system caused the levels of carbon monoxide to be slightly elevated. The building was evacuated as a safety precaution.

The equipment has been fixed and levels are back to zero. No injuries were reported during the incident.

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | iHeartmedia App

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content