BOSTON (WBZ NewsRadio) — Shuttle buses will be replacing train service on parts of the Green and Orange Lines this weekend.
The Green and Orange Line will switch to a shuttle bus service because of a scheduled demolition of the Government Center Garage near the Haymarket station. This will only affect service on March 26 and 27. Shuttle bus service will begin at North Station for both lines.
For the Orange Line, all stops from North Station to Back Bay will be replaced. Buses for each stop will run from Sullivan Square to Back Bay. Here's a full list of pick-up and drop-off locations from the MBTA.
- Back Bay - Dartmouth St
- Tufts Medical Center - Sullivan Sq buses will pick up on Kneeland St @ Washington St, Back Bay buses will pick up on Stuart St @ Charles St
- Chinatown - Sullivan Sq buses will pick up on Kneeland St @ Washington St, Back Bay buses will pick up outside of Boylston Station.
- Downtown Crossing - Back Bay buses will pick up outside of Park St Station, Sullivan Sq buses will pick up on Federal St @ Franklin St.
- State - State @ Congress St
- Haymarket - Sudbury St @ Congress St
- North Station - Sullivan Sq buses will pick up on N. Washington St @ Thacher St, Back Bay buses will pick up on N. Washington @ Medford St.
For the Green Line, shuttle buses will run between North Station and Government Center for the C and E branches. Both the B and D branches will terminate at Park Street, while the C and E branches will end at Government Center. Shuttle Buses for the Green Line can be found by the Nashua street entrance to North Station.
The D Branch will also have an additional shuttle bus service from Kenmore to Riverside for signal maintenance, removal of vegetation, and work on the Fenway station. Shuttle buses will stop at all stops from Kenmore to Riverside except Beaconsfield, where the streets are too narrow to fit the buses safely.
If one is planning to use the Beaconsfield stop, the MBTA recommends taking the C branch train from Dean Road, which is about a four-minute walk away from Beaconsfield, or by walking to the Reservoir D branch stop and taking the shuttle bus. The Reservoir stop is about a 10-minute walk away from the Beaconsfield stop.
The Blue and Red Lines will be unaffected by these changes. A full list of MBTA service changes can be found here.