Sterling & Mass. Fire Departments Revive Cats Caught In House Fire

Photo: Getty Images

STERLING, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — Two cats that were caught in a blaze in Sterling on Friday morning were revived in a joint operation between multiple Commonwealth fire departments.

The Sterling Fire Department said they responded to a reported house fire on Maple Street where crews found heavy smoke from the second-floor eaves. The fire was quickly put out and crews continued to chase fire remains and hot spots for the next hour, officials said.

The SFD said that the fire was caused by an unattended heat gun that the resident was using to remove paint in the house.

Read More: Maine's Can-Am Crown International Sled Dog Race Returns

Sterling Officials said they received aid from the Boylston, Clinton, Holden, Lancaster, West Boylston, and Princeton Fire Departments. While the Red Cross assisted a resident who was hospitalized for minor injuries, two cats were rescued by fire crews.

The SFD said that the cats had to receive oxygen therapy. which was administered via special pet oxygen masks from Canine Company, and were transported by a Sterling Animal Control Officer to Worcester for evaluation.

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | iHeartmedia App

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content