Victor Pena Facing Aggravated Rape Charges Tied To January Kidnapping

Victor Pena

BOSTON (WBZ NewsRadio) — A man charged with kidnapping and holding a woman hostage for three days is now facing charges of aggravated rape.

Victor Pena, 38, appeared in Charlestown Municipal Court Friday, and was determined that he’s competent to stand trial. He had been ordered to undergo a 20-day psychological evaluation at Bridgewater State Hospital on January 23.

He was held without bail pending dangerousness hearing on March 15 when he will be arraigned on those new rape charges.

After a woman went missing from Hennessey's Bar near Faneuil Hall on January 19, Pena was seen on surveillance video leading her away from the MBTA Bunker Hill Community College stop in Charlestown and toward the Bunker Hill housing development.

"Twice, Pena was observed engaging [the woman]...to the point where at certain points he was physically guiding and holding on to her," Boston Police Commissioner William Gross said at a press conference at the time of Pena’s arrest. “It’s obvious from the video surveillance that she did not go along willingly.”

While WBZ NewsRadio had initially identified the woman when she was originally missing, it is the organization’s policy not to identify victims of alleged sex crimes.

Court documents showed that police were able to track the woman down using a signal from her cell phone. Police eventually rescued the woman from Pena’s apartment on Walford Way in Charlestown where she was being held and said Pena resisted arrest.

title

Content Goes Here