BOSTON (WBZ NewsRadio) — Certain fruits sold at Wegmans locations in Massachusetts have been recalled following the discovery of a possible bacterial contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
The company recalled the following products on Friday:
- Wegmans Brand Watermelon Chunks 10 oz, best by March 15, 18, 20, and 22.
- Wegmans Brand Small Watermelon Hearts 24 oz, best by March 16, 19, 21, and 23.
- Wegmans Brand Watermelon Chunks Family Pack 32 oz, best by 16, 19, 21, and 23.
- Wegmans Brand Pineapple Spears Family Pack 32 oz, best by March 17, 20, 22, and 24.
- Wegmans Brand Cantaloupe Spears Family Pack 32 oz, best by March 16, 19, 21, and 23.
- Wegmans Brand Melon Trio Family Pack 32 oz, best by March 16, 19, 21, and 23.
The recall stemmed from a recall from the Fruit Fresh Up, Inc., the United States Food and Drug Administration said on Saturday.
The company said that customers can return all said products to the Customer Service Desk for a full refund.
Wegmans said, "If your product has an 8-digit code underneath the best by date as follows: 02101XXX that denotes that package is unaffected by this recall and is safe to consume."