Westport Dog Accidentally Starts Stove Fire Reaching For Food

Foto: Westport Police Department

WESTPORT, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio) — A small fire at a house in Westport is being blamed on a four-legged friend.

The Westport Fire Department said firefighters were dispatched to a home off Rt. 6 on reports of a stove fire Wednesday. Upon arrival, fire crews saw light smoke coming from inside the building. Inside they found remnants of a small fire on the stovetop that had already been put out by the homeowner.

According to officials, it is believed the family dog activated the stove's burner while attempting to reach food on a cutting board. The cutting board caught fire, but it was quickly discovered and extinguished before it could spread.

Firefighters checked for fire extension and ventilated the smoke from the house.

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | iHeartmedia App


Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado